- Clear impartial advice and information about all of the options available, so that they understand what they involve
- Support and guidance to help make choices and devise a career plan for the future
- Regular personal support or information on how well they are doing
- Help to decide what to do when they complete their course, including further learning, training or employment
- A programme of careers education which helps them to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning
- The opportunity to be involved in making decisions about things that effect their learning
- An opportunity to set out an individual learning plan, and
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
Careers support is delivered through the enrichment days, subjects across the school, themed events (e.g. Enterprise Days) access to a professionally qualified careers adviser and dedicated registration to specialist careers support services.
We also provide monthly ‘Careers Corner’ newsletters for our students. Copies of these are available here:
- Post-16 options booklet
- Careers Education Policy.
- Careers Provider Access Policy (Baker Clause)
- Click here to see what Careers advice and experiences your child will receive during KS3, KS4 and KS5 Enrichment Days.
- Information for Year 13’s is available here.
- Here are details about applying for an apprenticeship.
- This is a useful list of Derby City Training Providers
Who to contact at John Port
- Careers Lead – Mrs Rebecca Lowndes/Mrs Shirley Coulson
- Careers Advisor – Mrs Shirley Coulson
Thank you to How2Become.com for kindly donating resources to John Port Spencer Academy.