- Clear impartial advice and information about all of the options available, so that they understand what they involve
- Support and guidance to help make choices and devise a career plan for the future
- Regular personal support or information on how well they are doing
- Help to decide what to do when they complete their course, including further learning, training or employment
- A programme of careers education which helps them to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning
- The opportunity to be involved in making decisions about things that effect their learning
- An opportunity to set out an individual learning plan, and
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
Careers support is delivered through the enrichment days, subjects across the school, themed events (e.g. Enterprise Days) access to a professionally qualified careers adviser and dedicated registration to specialist careers support services including apps.