Summer 2021 – How grades will be awarded
The latest guidance from the Department for Education and Ofqual has confirmed that grades will be determined by teachers for the Summer 2021 results.
The following links explain how this will be done within our Academy for GCSE’s, A-Levels and other qualifications.
- Y11 & Y13 Assembly Video – Grading Qualifications (Summer 2021)
- Y11 & Y13 Assembly Slides – Grading Qualifications (Summer 2021)
- JCQ Guidance for students, parents and guardians (Summer 2021)
Other useful links
- Results of the ofqual consultation document: www.gov.uk/how qualifications will be awarded 2021.
- Visual guide (summary): Summer 2021 Grades Document
Important Dates including Summer 2021 Results Days
The following dates are all subject to change as more information becomes available.
- Friday 19th March: Deadline for subjects to submit ‘Approach to Awarding Grades’ sheet
- Monday 19th April to Friday 30th April: Trust benchmark assessments (Y11 English, Maths, Science and Humanities)
- Friday 7th May: Progress check deadline (predicted grades) (published the following week)
- Friday 28th May: Deadline for completion of assessments
- Monday 7th June to Friday 11th June: Departmental meetings, moderation and standardisation
- Friday 11th June: Internal deadline for departments to submit grades
- Friday 11th June to Friday 18th June: Internal quality assurance of grades
- Friday 18th June: External deadline for grades to be submitted to exam boards
- June/July: External quality assurance of grades by exam boards nationally
- GCE and BTEC Results Day – 10th August 2021
- GCSE Results Day – 12th August 2021
Full detail about the appeals process will be published here when it is available.
Certificates will be available for collection in December, a date will be published closer to the time along with collection arrangements.
Exams Certificates from previous years can be collected by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are still attending Spencer Academy, you can collect past year’s certificates from the Exams Office in Chatsworth Building.
John Port Exam Team – Contact Details
- Miss A Thomas – Examinations and Assessments Officer
- Mrs J Smith – Examinations Assistant
- Telephone: 01283 291018
- Email: email@example.com