Due to the role out of COVID-19 testing in schools, John Port Spencer Academy are looking for volunteers to be part of our COVID-19 testing team.
Roles will be in one of the following areas;
- Test assistant – providing guidance to students on how to swab
- Processor – preparing test sample for analysis and interpreting result
- Registration assistant – registering students on arrival and guiding them to the right area for testing
- Results recorder – inputting results onto spreadsheet
- Cleaner – cleaning test stations when necessary
You must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS and barred list check (although this may not be required if you are supervised by a member of school staff). Testing of staff and students at John Port Spencer Academy will be taking place in the leisure centre.
Ideally, we are looking for people who have experience of working with members of the public or young people, with good interpersonal skills and a supportive, caring nature. You should have the ability to physically stand for several hours, be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19.
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high-risk groups. We also cannot accept offers of help from anyone who is pregnant, or who has immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy.
To register your interest in volunteering, please contact Tracey Bradbury (PA to Principal) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.30am on Friday 8th January 2021.