Careers & Work Experience
Students at our school are entitled to receive:
- Clear impartial advice and information about all of the options available, so that they understand what they involve
- Support and guidance to help make choices and devise a career plan for the future
- Regular personal support or information on how well they are doing
- Help to decide what to do when they complete their course, including further learning, training or employment
- A programme of careers education which helps them to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning
- The opportunity to be involved in making decisions about things that effect their learning
- An opportunity to set out an individual learning plan, and
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
This entitlement is delivered through the enrichment days, subjects across the school, work experience (Year 10), themed events (e.g. Enterprise Days) and access to a professionally qualified careers adviser.
Some useful online sources of careers information are listed below. Students are given login details to Kudos towards the end of Year 8.
The opportunity for students to undertake Work Experience in Year 10 is currently under review.