To help Year 11 students with transition into Year 12, we have some preparation work available. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sixth Form in September but in the meantime, please have a look at the information below and try to complete any work that is relevant to your choices of study. If access to a printer is difficult and you would like a printed copy of the relevant subjects to work on, please email Mrs Lowndes (Head of Sixth Form) at RJL@johnport.derbyshire.sch.uk and we can provide a black/white paper copy.
Transition Work Information for All Subjects – Transition work document
Reading List – Wider Reading and Discovery Lists for A-Level Subjects
Supporting information and worksheets – these documents support the information in the Transition Work for All Subjects document.
- Task 1 – What is Communism
- Task 2 – You will need access to the book called AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Reading Russia in 1855). Task: Evaluating Historical Extracts worksheet
- Task 3 – You will need access to the book called Access to History: Reaction and Revolution: Russia 1894-1924 Fourth Edition (Section 3 – War and Revolution). Task: Was Nicholas 11 responsible for the February Revolution of 1917 worksheet and Information hand-out
Both History books are available from bookshops and online retailers however they are quite expensive. Please contact Miss Barrett (LBa@johnport.derbyshire.sch.uk) to request further information about the books.
- Maths Transition Booklet – Questions
- Maths Transition Booklet – Solutions
- Bridge It Activity and Summer Challenge
- Extra FMSP Problem Solving Booklet
- Applied Science Transition Document Biology Section A
- Applied Science transition Document Biology Section B
- Applied Science Transition Document Chemistry
- Applied Science Transition Document Physics
Useful information for Aspiring Medics (Written by Harry Barker in Year 13)