Sixth Form Uniform Update
Please find below a letter sent home about an update to the Sixth Form uniform.
The Sixth Form dress code is “formal business dress” for all students, by this we mean:
- either a two piece trouser suit (i.e. matching jacket and trousers) with plain formal collared shirt
- tailored trousers or skirt and a matching jacket with formal blouse, or a business dress
A smart cardigan may be worn in addition to a jacket.
Jewellery should not be excessive. One pair of small ear lobe studs only is permitted, and can only be worn in ear lobes. Other facial or body piercing is not permitted at school and students will be required to remove them if worn.
Hair should be a sensible style with no extremes of fashion. Any hair accessories should be in keeping with business wear. Hair that is dyed a bright colour is not acceptable.
Outdoor coats can be worn in transit to and from school and from one building to another but should be removed inside all buildings.
The following items are not permitted:
- Denim or Leather jackets
- Hoodies or Sweatshirts
- Trainers, canvas shoes (e.g. Vans, Converse)
- Stretchy or vest style tops
- Leggings or jeans
- Baggy jumpers/cardigans
- Shorts or short skirts / dresses
If a student is dressed inappropriately we reserve the right to send the student home to change.
Final decisions on any particular uniform issues are at the discretion of Miss Jones.